The University of Vermont combines faculty-student relationships most commonly found in a small liberal arts college with the resources of a major research institution. The university is home to 9,970 undergraduates, 1,317 graduate students, 454 medical students and 1,364 full- and part-time faculty. Located in Burlington, Vermont (perennially voted one of America's most exciting small cities), UVM's setting in a valley on the shores of Lake Champlain, between the Adirondack and the Green mountain ranges, inspires visitors and residents.
What makes UVM special?
- Top-flight academics with choices — 100 majors to choose from;
- Graduates who get jobs — 85% are satisfied or very satisfied with their jobs one year after graduation;
- Accessible faculty who are experts in their fields — 92% of full-time faculty hold a Ph.D. or the highest degree in their field;
- A fun campus life, rife with activities and events — more than 170 campus organizations keep things lively;
- You'll get that college experience here — superior academics on one of the most beautiful, historic campuses in the country, located in one of the most loved towns in America.